I am really excited to start my first blog post ever. In this post I will share with you the books that I have read this month. The month of February, even though it’s the shortest month of the year, has been a pretty good one for me! I got out of a reading slump and read a total of seven books. I thought it was good, and I hope to keep up my reading this month as well, even though I think it will be a little bit harder because I have exams, and I have some friends visiting me here in London. March will be a very busy month indeed! Well, without further ado, let’s get into what I have read in the month of February.
- Dragonfly in Amber, by Diana Gabaldon. This is the second installment in the Outlander series. The genre is generally hard to define, even though I think it is mostly historical fiction. If you are a fan of Scottish history during the 18th century and you have not heard of this series yet, well, you have now, so go out and get Outlander. You will not regret it. I rated this book 4/5 stars.
- The Queen of the Tearling, by Erika Johansen. This book was recommended to me by a friend, and rightly so. I really enjoyed this futuristic/high fantasy story, and I particularly liked the psychological development of the main character. I rated this 4/5 stars.
- Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, by Sarah J. Maas. I liked the first book, but it was the second one that made me fall in love with the series. Action packed with a strong female lead… all I ever need in a book! The first book I rated 4/5 stars, and the second 5/5 stars!
- The Stepford Wives, by Ira Levin. Genius feminist read. Creepy in its immaculateness, an absolute must. I rated this 4/5 stars.
- The Medieval City, by Jacques Le Goff. This was a non-fiction short book about the development of the Medieval City in Western Europe. I rated it 3/5 stars.
- Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined, by Stephenie Meyer. I picked up this book for the most obvious reason: I read Twilight when I was fourteen and yes, I loved it. Reading this re-write of the novel has been the biggest mistake I could ever make. I had to rate it 1/5 stars, even if I felt bad for it. This book just made me angry.
These are all the books that I have read in the month of February! Let me know if you have read any of them in the comments down below, and let me know if you would like me to do a full review of one of these books.
Until next time friends!