Today I am sharing with you 25 bookish facts about me. Once I started jotting these down, I had a hard time stopping. The ones listed below are the first 25 that came to my mind, without any particular order.
- I judge books by their covers. When I am in a bookstore I am always attracted to books that have nice covers, if they do, then I will read the synopsis. The only books I purchase without looking at the cover are ones that are recommended to me or books that I have previously heard about.
- When I read, I love complete silence.
- But I can also read in public transportation, and if I do, I zone out and when I get off the train and look back to the journey, I realize I completely forgot about it.
- I like to read by myself because I love crying reading books. If a book makes me cry I love doing so alone, because I almost never cry in front of people.
- My favorite place to read is the upstairs bathroom at my parent’s house back in Italy because it had a glass door that looks over the park and because I love wrapping myself up in the warm and fuzzy towels. Weird, I know.
- If I like a book, it is easy for me to start it and keep reading it until I am done. Many times I ate in my room reading and my parents would not see me for 24 hours.
- I got the 7th Harry Potter book at 10 am on the day it came out. I got home and did not get out of my bed and out of the bathroom, where I read it, for a day and a half. My mother brought me food upstairs. And yes, I finished the 7th HP book in my bathroom, which was convenient because I did not waste any tissues; I had toilet paper right there.
- In seventh grade I read an adult book because a boy I then fancied and was older than me, liked it. So I read it to talk about it with him, just to realize that what I had to say was more interesting than what he had to say about it. I am so mean.
- I never wish for a character to kill someone or to be killed. Punished, yes, killed, no.
- I love drinking tea or coffee when I read.
- My favorite type of day is a weekend day, where I just stay at home and read all day long. I did it on Saturday and it was amazing.
- I hate when people interrupt me reading on public transportation, but I am the first one who interrupts a reader on the train who is reading a book I have previously read.
- When someone tells me something negative about a character I love, I will do anything in my power to change their mind, as if that character was a real person.
- I always need to carry a book with me. It makes me feel more at home and secure.
- I always have to have a book near me when I go to sleep. For some reason, I think it will keep nightmares at bay.
- I hate when people buy me books as a gift, unless they are 100% sure I will like it. My mother and my sister are the only people who have bought me books that I had not heard of, that I actually read. I won’t read a book given to me unless I previously knew about it and I know I will like it. I don’t know why.
- I love paperbacks. Way more than hardbacks.
- I love the smell of paper, it makes me feel calm.
- My favorite genres are fantasy (all kinds, and favorite by far), historical fiction, contemporary novels (but only occasionally), thrillers, gothic novels, classics (not all of them).
- I love when characters curse in books. I do it all the time, and if they do it, it means they are more real.
- I collect bookmarks, I love them.
- I get most of my reading done at night if it is a school day. Otherwise, I read at random times.
- I cringe when someone asks me to lend them a book. I actually do.
- When I read eBooks, I retain less information
- I hate the library. If I read a book, it has to be mine. I understand I am spoilt saying this, but there is just something about owning your own book that is special. I know that when I will have my own apartment I will definitely have a library, so there you go.
This is it, these are 25 bookish facts about me. Let me know some bookish facts about you and if you share any of the ones I have reported above!
Until next time,