Happy New Year! Today I am posting my December wrap-up. I read 6 things in December. The last week I did not read at all because I was so busy. In any case, without further ado, here are the things I read.
- Siege and Storm (Grisha #2), by Leigh Bardugo. The second book in the trilogy was not as good as the first one to me. I still enjoyed it, but the rating dropped to 3 stars for me. A full review of the trilogy can be found here.
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman. I listened to this one on audio, and even though the first half was hard for me to get through, by the second half I started to really like the characters, and felt that this book was heartwarming and quite refreshing. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to feel a deep connection to a character. I gave it 4 stars.
- The Princess Saves Herself in this One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic #1), by Amanda Lovelace. I was a bit reluctant to read this, as it was so hyped up. However, I was pleasantly surprised by it and ended up really enjoying it. Some of the poetry was a bit cliche, but overall I gave it 4 stars because I could relate to some empowering statements.
- One Nil, by Toni Bradman. This one I read to my pupils in the library. It is a nice quick read about football, and they seemed to enjoy it.
- Ruin and Rising (Grisha #3), by Leigh Bardugo. I definitely enjoyed the last book in the trilogy more than the second, but not more than the first. I did not quite like the last very last bit, because I felt that the author did not quite take it there, as most YA fantasy is. It is understandable, but still unrealistic. I still gave this book 3.5 stars.
- To Make Monsters Out of Girls (Things That Haunt #1), by Amanda Lovelace. I did not like this book as much as I liked the other one that I read by the same author. I felt it was slightly repetitive and a bit unoriginal. I ended up rating it 2 stars.
These are all the books I read in the last month of 2018. If you have read any please let me know in the comments and look out for some reviews to come!
Until next time,